Two important things
- The terms Diary and Blog mean the same thing for our purposes.
- The terms Diary Entry and Blog Post mean the same thing for our purposes.
One of the important changes which have been made to the Facts About Durban site is that the diary page is now published using the WordPress blogging program and the pages are not created manually as I used to have to do. This will make it easier for me to update it on a regular basis, but it also means some layout changes and some new features.
The diary (blog) is organised so that the 10 most recent entries are displayed on the front page, with the most recent at the top, but you can still access older entries in a number of ways:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click the Older Posts link, and the system will display the previous 10 posts, and so on.
- The Recent Posts listing at the top on the right-hand side of the page offers quick links to recent posts.
- The Archive listing below Recent Posts allows you click a year or month and access the posts made in that period.
If you can’t find the post you want, you could also use the Search Page (also accessible from the navigation bar at the top of the page) to search by word or phrase. It will search the all pages in the site, but should give you the diary entry, or post, that you want.
What to do if you can only see one post on your screen
Multiple posts are usually displayed but each post or entry actually has its own unique page, which you can display on purpose or by accident. Getting back to normal can usually be achieved by clicking the ‘Back’ button on your browser but, if that doesn’t work, you can select Diary from the navigation bar at the top of the page.Share this: