1. Methodist Church cnr Moore and Manning Road. The side view different from its normal front view. In the 60s very popular for weddings.
2. St Mary’s Anglican Church Greyville. I remember reading it was one of the few churches in Durban that still rings its bells.
3. Methodist Church Greyville near the Durban Bowling Club greens. Today the steeple has been removed leaving just a tower. Sadly this church is up for sale “as is” however reading a comment there has been a request to AMAFA to allow demolition.
4. Baptist Church West Street.
5. Holy Trinity Catholic Church Musgrave Road. My sister’s was one of the first weddings celebrated there in April 1959. Sadly today not as in the picture as cordoned off by security fencing.
6. St Martin’s Anglican Church Chelsea Drive Durban North. This is an old picture.
7. Lutheran Church Renishaw Road Umbilo.
8. Congregational Church Aliwal Street . Unfortunately no longer as it was deconsecrated some years ago and sold off. The new owners turned the church into an antique shop but this also came to an end after some years. Not too long ago the church was sold to a Muslim community and with internal modification became a mosque. The first, as far as I know, such church to be transformed into a mosque in Durban.
9. St James Church Venice Road Morningside. An old picture as the church frontage has been changed with the three windows in the gable replaced by a rose window. The tower in the background also seems to be no longer.Share this: