About Allan Jackson
- Full Name: Allan Samuel Jackson.
- Born: 9 July 1959, Parklands Nursing Home, Durban, South Africa.
- Education: Penzance Road Primary School, Glenwood High School, Kearsney College and the University of Natal – all in Durban except
- Qualifications obtained: Matric, B. Soc.Sci., which translates to bugger all really, and Colonel Saunders’ chicken cooking certificate.
- Experience so far: Various aspects of media, including reportage and public relations, and computers. Wrote a popular weekly computing column for the Sunday Tribune for many years. Has also been an order clerk in a paint factory, a trainee manager in a supermarket and sold plastic penguins [unsuccessfully] from door-to-door.
- Current Occupation: Casual sub-editor at Rural Press, Brisbane, Australia.
- Hobbies and Interests: Photography (digital in particular), reading, and films.
- Aspirations: To be author and man of leisure. Acknowledges the difficulties in the way achieving both goals but there has to be first time for everything…