This section is designed to answer frequently-asked questions (FAQ) about how to use these new diary pages on FAD. You’re welcome to leave a comment or get in touch if you don’t find what you’re looking for.
Two important things
- The terms Diary and Blog mean the same thing for our purposes.
- The terms Diary Entry and Blog Post mean the same thing for our purposes.
Accessing older posts
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click the Older Posts link, and the system will display the previous 10 posts, and so on.
- The Recent Posts listing at the top on the right-hand side of the page offers quick links to recent posts.
- The Archive listing below Recent Posts allows you click a year or month and access the posts made in that period.
What to do if you can only see one post on your screen
Multiple posts are usually displayed but each post or entry actually has its own unique page, which you can display on purpose or by accident. Getting back to normal can usually be achieved by clicking the ‘Back’ button on your browser but, if that doesn’t work, you can select Diary from the navigation bar at the top of the page.
Visitors to the site can now comment on diary entries or on other comments. It’s very simple to leave a comment:
- Click the ‘Leave a comment’ link at the bottom of the entry or comment you want to comment on.
- Fill your name, email address, website, if you have one, and message.
- Click the ‘Notify me of followup comments via e-mail’ tick box if you want to be notified when anyone responds to your message.
- Click Post Comment.
PLEASE BE NICE !!
NOTE: Your comment will not appear instantly the first time you make one. First comments need to go through an approval process but, after that, the system should recognise you as one of the good guys and your comments should go up immediately.
Getting the RSS feed
You can subscribe to the Diary with any RSS-compatible feed reader. All you need to do is give your feed reader the address http://www.fad.co.za/wp-rss2.php and it will take care of the rest for you.
Some posts are too long to display on the main Diary page. You will see that the first paragraph of text is displayed with a Continue Reading link below it. Just click it to view the whole post.